BigCommerce started in 2013, is a web-host e-commerce solution and a Software as a service (Saas) product. It offers services that include hosting online stores, selling and processing payments online and handling security issues of your online store.
It is a reliable ecommerce platform with over 95,000 online store and billions of dollars transacted through it. It serves more than 150 countries in the world ranging from small businesses to big firms that make hundreds of millions.
Features and Functionality
The ecommerce platform is easy to use when doing your daily management tasks such as setting up the prices, adding new products and making an analysis.
The platform has many features that will help you establish and manage your store:
- It has seven free templates
- Migration from another platform has been made easy with the assistance of big commerce specialist.
- Ability to sell all types of goods either digital or physical.
- Easy to find ecommerce experts and solutions needed for your online store.
- Ability to manage and change the shipping rate.
- It offers many options of payment gateways such as PayPal, Braintree, Stripe, Apple pay, Pay with Amazon, etc.
- Able to manage your products using the content management (CMS) tool.
- The Akamai Image Manager (AIM) helps in optimizing images.
- It has product review functionality.
- Ability to adjust CSS and HTML.
- You can market using email marketing services such as iContact, Constant, etc.
- One on one launch services that will help you improve and manage your store with the help of launch service team.
- Sync capability with platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, eBay, Amazon, and Square.
- Built-in conversion features that have the one page check out, abandoned cart saver, and faceted search.
- Support services available 24/7.
- Professional reporting.
- It has a dedicated account management feature.
If you are a starter, there is a 15-day trial plan that will be offered to you for free to set up your business. With this plan, your customers won’t be able to pay for services, and therefore you have to upgrade by choosing one of the four plans that they offer that is
- Standard or starters plan.
- Plus plan.
- Pro plan.
- Enterprise plan.
In the standard plan, you will have to pay $29.95 monthly charges for the services. The plan offers are
- Unlimited products storage.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Payments options such as PayPal and credit cards.
- A support option that makes it easy to find commerce experts and solutions.
- A 1.5% deduction for transactions made.
- A limit of sales of up to $50,000 annually.
The plus plan has a monthly fee of $79.95 that you should pay with a limit of annual sales of up to $150,000.
The advantages of the plan are that you don’t have to pay the transaction fee, it has the abandoned cart saver feature, a tool that helps customers to store credit card details with you and have customer grouping.
The pro plan is the same as plus plan but with added advantages such as Google Customer Reviews and an extended sale limit of up to $ 400,000.
Extra sales made above the threshold is charged $150 per $ 200,000 earned in sales with a maximum limit being $ 1 million.
Lastly, the enterprise plan is for firms that make more than $ 1,000,000 in sales. The advantages of the plan are that there is an advanced product filtering feature and a service level agreement (SLA) of 99.9%.
Other advantages are an unlimited number of API calls, priority support, a staging environment and expert consulting.
Brands that choose BigCommerce
The team of big commerce specialists is the best in the field making it possible for renown brands to seek for their services. These companies include Skullcandy, BlissWorld, Cargill, Avery Dennison, Woolrich, Carolina Panthers, Camelback, Clarks, Sharp, hush puppies among many others.
Ecommerce Agencies / Web Development Companies
The Pros of BigCommerce:
- It has a useful end-user feature.
- There is no transaction fee in most plans.
- Good customer support.
- Have a complete set of tools that prove to be very helpful.
- One page check out feature.
- You can add more tools to their App store.
- SEO support tools.
- You can set the store on social platforms such as Facebook. This social media platforms would help you grow more sells.
- You can easily find commercial experts and solutions for your online store needs.
- Uses the services of top ecommerce agency such as digital agency, therefore, guaranteeing their client’s quality services.
The Cons of BigCommerce:
- The templates offered for free are very few compared to other e-commerce platforms such as Shopify.
- You can’t access and see the templates before you sign up.
- It does not offer 24/7 support.
- Lack of advanced features.
- High pricing due to the added cost of integration.
End-user functionality- 9/10
3rd part plugins -9/10
Reporting and data- 10/10
Ease of use (Admin)-10/10
Visit BigCommerce for more information.